Monday, December 2, 2019

Always a relief...

...when you work a border first and get to the joining point to find it meets as it should, which is what happened this weekend. I spent Saturday working on the temperature SAL and completed the outer edges, so now there's less chance of error as I fill it in:


It looks a bit wonky because the linen is kind of flimsy, but hopefully it will look even when finished. The linen is 36ct from Weeks Dye Works, and it just isn't as nice as the Zweigart linen I usually use; it's not as strong so it doesn't seem to support the tension of the stitches very well.

Leonore asked about how the squares will be filled--as designed there are 27 different motifs that can be used, ranging from a temperature of -30F to 100+F (each motif covers a range of 5F). I plan on doing just the high temperature for each day, but I have seen people talking about splitting the squares in half to do high and low temps, so really you can do it however you like. Splitting it into two just sounds like too much work to me; I'll be lucky if I can keep up just doing one temperature per day!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the border meeting up!
    Can't wait to see more of this.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress! Filling it in will be only a matter of time now.
    Thanks for the answer. I guess there are tons of possibilities to customize this one!

    ReplyDelete