Monday, December 16, 2019

Dreaming of diamonds

Actually, I didn't dream about them but I thought I would after spending the weekend working on the Carolyn Manning Daily Temperature SAL! Last night I finished the first skein of purple, so it looks like the outlines will require at least three skeins:


I'm not sure if I'll have the outlines done before the first of the year, but this coming weekend my guys are headed out of town so I'll get all the chores done this week and then see how much I can get done over the weekend. I'd like to start the year with a complete outline, so I might have to cheat a bit and use some time during the week after Christmas...

For now it's back to Quakers in Scotland, which is now more than half finished. If you've seen any of Deb's "Quakers in..." designs you'll know that the top portion is a series of motifs and the bottom is a scene (or scenes) from the country; I've finished the motifs and am ready to start the scenes. The scenic portion might have more stitches all told, but should stitch up a bit more quickly because there are fewer color changes in small areas. I had hoped to have it done by the end of the year, but it will most likely go into early January.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

5 comments:

  1. I think you’ll get them all done. Less chores, more stitching! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress.
    This is interesting.
    Have a very Merry Christmas!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't find Quakers in Scotland, do you know if it is still available? I have France, England and Japan. Need Scotland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I'm stitching the model right now but the SAL hasn't started yet. I'm not sure when Deb plans to start it, but possibly in the early part of next year. HTH!

      Delete
  4. That's a looot of diamonds! I'm sure you'll be able to get them done in time. A little bit of cheating should be allowed over the holidays!

    ReplyDelete