Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mira Minions retreat is getting close!

Since the retreat is now less than two weeks away, I decided that I'd better get my name tag finished off into an actual tag. While my finishing skills do leave a lot of room for improvement, I'm actually pretty happy with the result:


Here's the back:


And here's what I'll be wearing to the retreat:


Hmm, I wonder if anyone can tell that I'm excited? ;D

I'm still plugging away on the model, and I have no update on Blue Jeans & Daisies because my off-time this week was spent on the name tag finishing. However, I do have one nice stitchy picture to share:


I ordered these two charts from the A Mon Ami Pierre website on April 4th, and received them today--and they came all the way from France! Jackye also included a very pretty freebie chart; I would definitely recommend dealing with her directly, instead of going through US distributors. Even with postage from France, I paid less than I would have if I had ordered through ABC Stitch Therapy, who carries her designs.

In non-stitchy news, another sign of spring here in NE Wisconsin is that there must be a cardinal nest very near to our house. For the past week, or so, a female cardinal has been attacking her reflection in our living room and bedroom windows. When I Googled this behavior, it said that she is protecting her nest, and that this might go on for some time (probably until she knocks herself silly one too many times!).

Our cats, of course, are really enjoying the show, as evidenced by these pictures of Gracie:



Hope everyone is having a great stitchy week!

8 comments:

  1. That is a pretty nametag! Nicely done! Have fun at your retreat!
    Cathy
    CraftyCat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute nametag!
    I bet that retreat is going to be a lot of fun too.
    Cute pic of Gracie wathcing the birds.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Algún gráfico de A mon ami Pierre para vender?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I haven't stitched them yet, so I have none to sell.

      Delete
  4. I hope the retreat goes well.
    Aww, those cats! I hope they don't get the mama bird.

    ReplyDelete