Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Awesome Mirabilia Minions retreat!

The Mira Minions retreat in Greenville, SC was a huge success, due mainly to Leslie LaFleur's hard work getting it all set up. It is hard to believe that this was her first attempt at organizing a retreat, especially one with 50+ people attending, because it went flawlessly; Leslie, you rock!

Here are some group shots (I'm in the black T-shirt in the front row):



In the second picture, Nora Corbett is seated in the chair. After we took that one, we cracked her up by treating her as all devoted minions should, by bowing before her:


As you can probably tell, this was really an amazing group of fun women, and it went by way too quickly!

Here's a pic of the goody bag contents (the 6" Qsnaps and cover were my door prize):


Leslie, as well as being the event organizer, also has her own hand-dyed fabric business, Under the Sea Fabrics, and below are three of her gorgeous fabrics that I came home with (as well as two of her Swarovski crystal needle minders, which aren't in the picture):


Meeting Nora was absolutely amazing, and finding out that she's funny and down-to-earth was even better. She also brought some of her paintings to sell, and I was lucky enough to nab the one shown below (which is the WORST picture of me, EVER!!):


And she signed one of my stitching journals, on one of my favorite Mirabilias that I've stitched, Caring Wings:


Nora also spent part of the retreat designing a chart for the attendees, which is now finished and will be mailed out to us in the next week, or so; I can't wait to get it!

I am a bit ashamed to admit that I did very little actual stitching at the retreat, as it was just so much fun talking to others who share my obsession for stitching and Mirabilia designs. I did spend a little time with both Charlotte and Silver Moon Tea:


Leslie has already set the date for next year's retreat, which will be April 18-20, 2014, location to be determined at a later date. I enjoyed this one so much, that I definitely want to attend the next one, and will be looking forward to it all year!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these lovely pics Melanie! It looks like you all had a fab time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing time! I'm envious, but so happy for you that you had this opportunity:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had a great time. Wish this were held in my neck of the woods.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was so much fun! I'm going to try and go to the uk one next year!

    Your diary is amazing can I ask where you got it from?

    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Jacqui, I'm trying to post a link, but the first one didn't work. I'll try again, but if this one doesn't work, just go to yarntree.com and search for stitcher's journal. Here's (hopefully!) the link: http://yarntree.com/cross-stitch/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=344_346. HTH!

      Delete
  5. Oh, that looks like it was a blast!
    Glad you had a great time.
    Thanks for the pics.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it sure looks like ya'll had an amazing time!! Love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous. I wish they held things like this in Montreal. It looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog and yours stitching
    absolutely fantastic
    ciao Giovanna
    from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems you had a great time there! And I am sure you will stitch some more in the future.

    ReplyDelete