Monday, January 9, 2012

One Down

My first WIP is slain; "Lady Alexandra" is finished!

When I first bought this pattern, one of the things that I really loved was the purple detailing on her skirt; it just seemd so whimsical to use purple on such an elegant dress! So when I chose fabric, I decided on Flapper (on Belfast linen, from Picture This Plus) because I thought it would highlight the detailing. I stayed up until just before midnight last night, finishing the beads, and loved watching them bring the skirt to life!

From the chart picture it is difficult to see how sparkly she is, but IRL she is very blinged-out!

Now that she is done (and off to the framer later today!) I need to take a couple of days to get caught up on the chores that I've ignored for the past few days in my desire to finish her. Then I'll be back with the remaining WIPs that I chose to work on this year (to which I've added three small ones); I'm thinking I'm almost ready to get back to my July Fairy!


  1. Thank you for all this close up pics, expecially the one of the gown, I love it!!