Thursday, January 12, 2012

Some more WIPs

Here are the remaining WIPs that I plan to work on this year, absent three that I still need to get pictures of. Hopefully, I have a wide enough range of designs that I won't get bored!

This is Lizzie*Kate "Halloween Rules", stitched on PTP Haunted Edinburgh linen:
This is Wiehenburg's "Rosette's Delight"; it was a 20-part SAL, with which I kept up with for three weeks (snort!):

A small freebie from Papillon Creations called "Moonlight Serenade":

Another Lizzie*Kate, "Dog Lessons for People", stitched on SMF Bewitched Cashel linen (gorgeous fabric!):


One that I would really like to finish this year, Joan Elliott's "Autumn Fairy", stitched on SMF Bling opal lugana:
I started Passione Ricamo's "Over the Rainbow" a  few years ago when Laura had a contest to see who could stitch  it the fastest, but I kind of soured on it when someone claimed they stitched it in 27 hours (as if!). I think I was at about the 70-80 hour mark when I stopped here:

The final two WIPs that I have pictures of at the moment are actually the same design, but stitched with different threads. The design is "My Hearts" by Ute Senkel Weinberg, and is charted for Caron Waterlilies threads (30 different hearts, using 30 different colors):

The second one I started (which is on a smaller piece of fabric, and will therefore have fewer hearts) after I found some gorgeous hand-dyed threads from Artfabrik, owned by Laura Wasilowski. I bought a bunch of colors, and wanted a design that would really show them off:
The three remaining WIPs, which I will post in a few days, are a couple of Mill Hill Buttoned & Beaded kits and a Just Nan Whimzi design; I just wanted a few small projects that I could easily take with me when I have to wait somewhere.

My stitching time right now is mostly taken up with a model for Karen, but I'll try to get a few hours a week to work on a WIP. Right now I'm kind of in the mood for "Halloween Rules". :)

10 comments:

  1. Lots of great stuff (eye candy yeah)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And these are hardly a drop in the (WIP) bucket!

      Delete
  2. Hi Melanie, I'm so glad you started blogging, all your wips are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mel for visiting my blog. For your questing on the DMC color card, I'm doing it following the official color card you find on the DMC website, so that every column has a different shade. It's a very boring work, so I'm making really slow progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you're doing Dog Lessons for People. One of these days I'll start Cat Lessons. (don't have the Dog chart yet) But I didn't think it would fit into my WIPocalypse plans. sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be hard to stick to WIPs, isn't it?! I've already stitched "Cat Lessons", so I'll have a set once "Dog" is finished. If you see me post a pic of "Dog" finished, post a comment if you still need the chart and I'd be happy to send it to you. :)

      Delete
  5. Melanie,
    I'm sitting in my stitching chair, waiting for my copy of Hearts by Ute Senkel-Weinberg. I was wondering if you could help me out and let me know what the 30 Waterlilies colors are? TIA

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marianne, I'm happy to help. :)

    The colors are Iris, Pomegranate, Holiday, Nefertiti, Forest Fire, Painted Desert, Cherry Cordial, Oasis, Marigold, Hyacinth, Azure Skies, Cherry, Mountain Meadow, Cheyenne, Tahiti, Teak, Eggplant, Glowing Embers, Flame, Appalachia, Bermuda Reef, Chili, Olive Grove, Fraises du Bois, Sheherezade, Blue Lagoon, Far Horizons, Monsoon, Rose Quartz and Savannah.

    Enjoy stitching this beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie,
      Mille Grazie!!! Thank you so much for the info. I am psyched about starting this piece soon. How are you doing on yours???

      Marianne

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately, haven't touched it since this pic was taken. So many WIPs, so little time!

      Delete