The end is in sight--just need to stitch the bottom of the balcony, finish up the border and add a few more beads:
I was doing some beading yesterday, and I had attached the hand-painted bead from Italy that was made for this design:
It is an absolutely beautiful bead and I love the way it looks, but I'm afraid that it's just too big. I always have my Miras framed with glass, and the only way that that will work with this piece is if most of the piece extends pretty far out the back of the frame. So I removed the bead, and am thinking about what I want to do. Right now I'm leaning towards making a bead loop similar to the one in the picture, with a teardrop crystal in place of the large bead, but I'll make the decision when everything else is finished.
I have extra incentive to get this finished now, as this past week I found out that I've been accepted as a model stitcher by Wichelt Imports, and will be stitching Mirabilia/Nora Corbett designs for them! So I need to finish this piece and get to work on the Rosewood Manor model currently waiting in the wings so I can be ready when I receive my first model for Wichelt.
Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!